Friday, May 17, 2013

Help a Farmer Who's Been Clobbered by Monsanto

Farmer Vernon Hugh Bowman took his fight against Monsanto all the way to the Supreme Court and lost. He now faces over $80,000 in fines. You can help defray some of his costs by clicking here. I'll be looking over my finances and seeing what I can give; I'd encourage you to do the same.

(For what it's worth, I agree with the Supreme Court ruling; but I also feel a great deal of sympathy for Bowman, who, it seems, was acting under the belief that what he was doing wasn't wrong. My unqualified and unrelenting hatred of Monsanto doesn't preclude my belief in their patent rights; however, my belief in patent rights doesn't preclude my empathy for Farmer Bowman. It's a complicated issue.)

1 comment:

  1. I gave $10 and encourage others to do the same or better. He needs help.

    ReplyDelete