Friday, April 26, 2013

That Awkward Lesbian Date

Out of New York State (where else?) comes this incredibly uncomfortable story

Parents of children attending a Red Hook, New York, middle school are outraged after a recent anti-bullying presentation at Linden Avenue Middle School.

The workshop for 13 and 14-year-old girls focused on homosexuality and gender identity. They were also taught words such as "pansexual" and "genderqueer."

Parents say their daughters were told to ask one another for a kiss and they say two girls were told to stand in front of the class and pretend they were lesbians on a date.

"She told me, 'Mom we all get teased and picked on enough. Now I'm going to be called a lesbian because I had to ask another girl if I could kiss her,'" parent, Mandy Coon, told reporters.

Now, I could make the dutiful observations about how so much of public schooling is a levée en masse for progressive teachers to transform their students into little radical foot soldiers for the liberal cause---bla bla bla etc ad infinitum, that's old news.

The thing that most concerns me about this little dustup is how they're teaching their students to go on dates. Good God, who asks to kiss another person? Where on earth is the romance in that?

Believe me, I know---in moments of horrifying candor, after I've had a few drinks, I've directly asked my dates if I can kiss them. The results are always miserably disastrous. It just doesn't work. But at least these were isolated events in my own sorry romance ledger; now they're teaching this stuff in our schools! I mourn for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment